Friday, January 28, 2011

Your Friday French Fashion Report: Défilé Haute Couture Spring Summer Collection 2011


I am completely seduced, gushing to the point of redundancy, stick a fork in me I'm done over the Défilé Haute Couture Spring/Summer Collection for 2011. The very beautiful and adorable Alexis Mabille obviously loves women; he drapes the female form perfectly, the result of his alchemy a mélange of Grecian goddess and femme fatale. French designers are prone to thinking that the application of a bow equals haute couture, but here this potential fashion disaster is used judiciously to evoke the flavour of Parisian chic. This is the ultimate glam collection; cohesive to the max, headturning, wearable, timeless! I want every single piece, (with the exception of one or two; the short white dress with the cape appeared a little bulky in the bodice) the only other thing I would ever need in my wardrobe would be a Chanel suit and an Hérmes leather bustier! Fashion must have for Printemps 2011: Chandelier earrings, a pretty white dress, a white handbag.

No comments:

Post a Comment