Monday, July 12, 2010

OBJECTIVE: Paris Fashion Week


Ever since I was a little girl I have loved fashion. I used to spend hours drawing, creating catalogs complete with wigs, shoes, and jewelry-all the necessary accessories to complete each outfit I had dreamed up. In high school I had one of a kind pieces that my friends actually gave names to, such as the "Carmen Miranda" and the "Tomato worm dress". (I know what you're thinking. I prefer to think of it as "cutting edge".) There is nothing more fun than a fashion show, except perhaps windowshopping the Lacroix boutique on the Rue St. Honoré. Imagine having a seat at Paris Fashion Week! Every time it rolls around I read about it with envy. How could I get in to a show? Any show, of course Dior or Chanel would be baby bear. I could even deal with YSL! The next round begins September 29th, running through October 7th with ready to wear for spring/summer 2011, and getting there is my goal. Can I do it? I imagine it will be a little more difficult than crashing a wedding at Les Invalides! I'll keep you posted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment